Squalane is hydrogenated, shelf-stable version of squalene which is a lipid (fats), that is naturally produced by the oil glands in our skin to hydrate and maintain the barrier of our skin.
Squalane oil is an emollient that work very much like skin’s own oil. Traditionally, squalene derived from shark liver oil but today, the majority skincare brand chooses plant based version. All About Alicia uses olive-derived vegan squalane. However, it can also be sourced from rice bran, wheat germ, and sugar cane.
Benefits of Squalane
- Keep skin hydrated and moisturised
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Soothe inflamed skin such as eczema
- Great for acne prone skin as it does not clog pores
- Leaves hair smoother and shinier
- Treat dry, damaged nails and cuticles
Squalane can be found in